Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Politically Correct

     I get scorned a lot on fb for making remarks that are the slightest bit, I can only say not totally "left wing liberal".  Please do not be offended if you are a liberal reading this, because I am too for the most part.
     Example: 1. I have been scrutinized for saying some pro-life comments, 2. I have been called naive for saying in a comment thread on fb about Walmart that I like Walmart, the big satan or whatever, because, A. my mother worked there, B. they employ the disabled and elderly and a lot of other people, C. they take back merchandise very agreeably, D. I do not get to go there very often, one of the things the consumers at the Commission for the Blind looked forward to, and E. their stocks never fell in the Wall Street crash of 2008, and 3. I had considered not voting for Obama again, but have changed my mind about that after making a truly educated decision.  The important thing is to get out and exercise the right to vote.  As Parnell Diggs, the blind attorney who ran for congress says, "it shouldn't be easier to get into a bar than getting into a voting booth."
     Now, as far as being liberal, I am against the war, but believe in being strong on terrorism.  I believe in entitlements.  Another quote from Diggs, "you see, blind people already qualify for a government check."  I believe in job creation and economy stimulus, not in budget cuts and tax cuts for the very rich.  I believe in tax cuts for small businesses.  I believe that Social Security, Medicare as well as need based programs such as SSI and Medicaid must stay in place. For the elderly, disabled, impoverished and children this is a matter of life and death.
     The ultra-liberals do not like me because I believe that businesses help the economy. 
     I do not like the overuse of abortions, but I do believe that Roe vs Wade should not be overturned.  However I think partial birth abortion should be illegal in all states except in the case of life of the mother.  They are horrible to even think about, cruel, inhumane and violent.  People seem to think that women's rights make a human fully developed fetus's rights unimportant.  There is no humanity in that.  Look, I am a woman too, as well as a mother.  
     I do not agree with the war or like the actions of the U.S. in some respects, but still believe in honoring my country and supporting our troops and respecting the president no matter who he is or whether or not I agree with all his policies.
    That is as long as we do not have Adolf Hitler for president, although some Americans make crazy comparisons that are unwarranted and silly.
     Now, if I have offended anyone for any reason, I am sorry but that is not my aim to have everyone agree with me, because everyone has a right to their belief system.  That is the beauty of this great nation.
     Lastly, I hope I am not developing delusions of grandeur, but I would like to be in politics.  I would like to be the governor of my state.  Just kidding.

2 comments: