Friday, June 29, 2012

My Views on Obamacare

     Although I am considered by some to be a reactionary to use an old fashioned term,   believe it or not, although I watch all news sources to get every view from every bias, Fox News is telling some pros of the new health care law.  By the way, I am from a family of Democrats, but I happen to have a mind of my own.
     Fortunately I have a friend who is an attorney and politician of my state, and I am getting better informed by him, and he is a Democrat.
     No one really knows for sure right now how Obamacare will work out.  I was very out of touch with politics for a long time when I was married and having babies although I always voted Democrat and always voted for president, and although I voted for Bill Clinton, that Medicaid expanded for children in the '90's, I did not know until it effected me personally.  This effected me, because I became a single parent in the '90's, and when I went to register my little boy for school it turned out that even though back then I was working, my low income and being a single parent qualified my children for Medicaid.  Also, thanks to Ronald Reagan, there was an earned income credit for single parents on tax returns.  This was extremely helpful in terms of getting a good tax return.  These are bipartisan assets that unless you have been a parent, especially a single one, may not be aware of.  Also, in '89 when my second son was born under the obstacle of complications, and our having no insurance and not as much money as I thought my ex-husband was earning, we qualified for Medicaid for our second son to be born safely with the complications present.
     I think it will all be good for everyone eventually I hope.  I do think, and not because it is my personal hope, that it may be hard for Obama to be re-elected with the fears many Americans are having.
     I know people who could have afforded insurance but spent the money on other things, and I think they thought they were going to get a free ride at the expense of the truly poor, but no such luck for them.  Those are the whiners, and now that they will be required to purchase insurance, I hope this will shut them up.  They will also be taxed as well.
     I am glad that people with a preexisting condition, especially children with cancer as well as adults with cancer or other serious conditions, will be able to get health care now.  
     
               

No comments:

Post a Comment