Saturday, June 16, 2012

On the Lighter Side; The Origins of Braille

     Got new yoga pants.  I wanted to get inspired to do more yoga, even if I cannot go to a class right now.
     Lately I have been one of these green people who want to save a tree, when in fact the bags are plastic and I really have too many accumulating at home.
     Last night I watched a video on youtube about how to roll your hair to look like the '70's or '80's, the Charlie's Angels look.  I decided it was all too much trouble, and you really need to get layers.
     Did you ever feel like the people you thought were your peops were really not, and they excluded you?  Maybe they did not really like you to begin with, or maybe familiarity breeds contempt.  So, you went looking for some new peops, only to find the same thing happening and you had very few friends that were not just fly by night fair weather.  Then you kind of wonder, "is it me?"
     I once told a male friend who was complaining to me about different girlfriends past, present, future, whatever, being vindictive and mean to him.  I said, "what do these women have in common?  You, obviously."  I said, "you must be playing some part in this and attracting it in some way."  He could not argue with that.  I had been one of those women, but had come to be detached enough to counsel him because I was no longer emotionally invested or infatuated with him, even though I was and am still quite fond of him.  I am just a little disappointed he does not interact with me on fb.  My brother says it is because he does not like me period, the guy I mean.  It was not even like, "he's just not that into you."  My brother said, "he doesn't like you."  And I'm like "uh, OK, I guess you are right," but my brother tries to be really nice to me, even though he also said I have no good pictures of myself on fb.  I think what he means is they are not good quality, are not flattering and do not do me justice, which is why I have asked a photographer friend to take some better ones when he gets a chance.  It is true most of them were either cell phone pics, computer shots, or just old pics, two of them, the one as a little girl and the one with my sister and my dad.
     You do not need peops when you have a nice family like mine.  Well, they are not perfect, but they are not bad either, and my brother's remarks are just normal brother to younger sister type remarks.  I mean, what kind of brother finds his own sister attractive?  
     The truth of the matter is I think the reason my friend does not interact with me is it might piss off other women, lol.  I am not the only one.  It does not really matter because we are not together period.
     The other thing is why am I so perceptive when it comes to other people's problems, and yet I just do not know what to do about my own?  I could do psychic readings for a living just with my experiential knowledge of human nature, but that would be fraudulent.  
     Did you know that in grade II braille, all the letters made up of a combination of any number and pattern in a cell of six dots, stand for a word like in shorthand, the single letters mostly short words, like just and can, but k stands for knowledge and p for people?  And, this my friends brings us back to the peops issue.
     Actually braille was originally a French army code to communicate at night.  Then the famous Louis Braille who was blinded in his father's saddle shop from an injury as a child figured out a way for the blind to read, and it was established in 1809.  He brought it from France to America to a school for the blind, and it spread throughout the world.  One of my braille teachers, Ms Sheila who was blind and very sweet, gave me a bicentennial braille coin that says Louis Braille 1809 on it.  I carry it on my key chain everywhere I go.  Ms Sheila passed away.  She was a beautiful soul.
     To all fathers, have a happy Father's Day tomorrow.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment