Saturday, June 30, 2012

Now Have I Got This Straight?

     OK, so Medicaid may or may not expand.  There will be a tax for individuals and businesses.  People will be forced to get insured or be fined.
     People like my son who are working off and on, can barely get by and pay their car insurance or cell phone bill, will not have to get insurance or be fined, but they will not get Medicaid, so for America's working childless poor and for parents who are poor, what has changed?  Nothing.  
     I think what will change is that there will be inflation.  Those who have businesses to run and who have enough income to be paying this tax, even if they can easily pay it, will be charging more.  Rents will go up for example, because land owners and multi-home owners will be paying more taxes.  I do not mean to sound like a Republican, because that is not my political stand, but realistically I do not see anything different about this.
     I would however like to see if those who could have afforded insurance before if not for the expensive things they bought, will in fact buy insurance or be fined.  They will most likely still complain about it, so what is the difference there?  I know it sounds general, but some people are like this, one or two to think of.
     I think President Obama originally wanted people like his mother who had ovarian cancer, to not be denied for a preexisting condition.  If this is the case now, then let us give thanks for one small miracle for them.
     I still cannot help but think it might be an infringement on civil liberty.  But, states have more rights than people think since the states created America really and not the reverse.  That is why it is The United States or simply The States.

No comments:

Post a Comment