Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shocking News on All Levels

      Today I found out, because my older son as I have discussed before has been sick and in need of glasses.  His were broken, I think in transit from one hospital to another, but the authorities often do not give the whole picture, for covering their a- purposes, no profanity here.  I sent him his old glasses  in the mail.  The social worker had contacted the Commission for the Blind, and they  are no longer paying for glasses for the blind due to budget cuts.  Get out of here.  I do not blame the president of the United States or even our governor.  I blame the past administration for draining our economy on a war based on a lie.  Actually I do blame the governor, because it was not this bad under Mark Sandford.  At least the blind got some help from the state.  Of course they still get help, but glasses is not a good budget cut by any means.  However, the hospital is taking my son to the eye doctor and going to get him either these fixed or new glasses with the frames, so I am grateful for this, that another agency picked up where the commission failed.
     I am not a conspiracy theory believer.  I believe in fact that you can show me.  However, it was tangibly found that there was not cause for the suspicions that originally led to the war.
     I wish I could understand why the Commission for the Blind is not paying for glasses for the blind anymore.  They payed for my glasses.  Medicaid pays for children's glasses only if they have it and even then do not get envious, because they or their guardians have to pick from charity frames and it has always been the same for adults, who must pick from the gift of sight frames and the commission picked up the tab for the lenses and with children Medicaid picked it up for the lenses as well.  
     I was always diagnosed with retinitis pigmentosa but was never told as a child as were the ways in those days.  As cool as my parents may have seemed to everyone and they were younger than you guys remember them, much younger than the baby boomers now.  For example if you are reading this and met my parents when you were young at the Baba Center and looked up to them as older and yes they were older relatively, but the truth is you were about twenty and they were only forty three, and even if you came at thirty, they were only fifty three and I was already a sophomore away at college.  However I am sure my parents' parents were quite conservative, both on the wasp side as well as the Jewish side.  In fact I believe, although my paternal grandfather died before I was born they were all Republicans.  Never mind that.  Back to the Commission for the Blind no longer supplying the blind with glasses.
     This is insane.  If they cannot supply glasses, what the hell is going on.  They
gave me everything from oven mitts to measuring cups to pens to paper.  They gave me sunglasses, braille equipment, and they gave some computers, used ones anyway.  I did not get a computer from them, but I know people who did.           
     As far as what I was saying back to my childhood, Mother did not accept the charity glasses for me which I was not aware of, because she wanted me to be able to pick out pretty glasses out of love for me.  My parents not only were richer than I was as a single parent, but I never had a girl, and have not experienced too much vanity in my boys except when David was fourteen and blew dry his long auburn brown hair longer than any girl I ever knew.  LOL
     Well stay tuned for shocking news, with Leslie Walsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment