Wednesday, February 15, 2012

i decided to share two more chapters: preface

     Although I know I said I was not going to share any more of my book, American Boys, but I shared, Chapter 4, Nicolas and Chapter 5, Daniel.
     The characters which I admit are autobiographical in some ways yet certainly universal in a statement of American culture and I will spare you all my statements about youth's problems, society and the war we finally got out of in Iraq.  
     It is my opinion that things have improved since President Obama has been in office, although the economic crisis for many of us may never end.  I do not want to get into politics, but simply state that I am proud, sorry if that is egotistical, I should say happy to say that my book is actually coming together and it being my main project and objective I am not resting on laurels for I have far, far to go, but I feel a certain sense of some accomplishment.
     I do not apologize for the opinions expressed in this novel, because for one thing it is fiction even if based on reality and my life and my children, poor things me writing about our life indirectly and for another these are the opinions of the young people who have surrounded me with their intelligence, bright wit, sensitivity and laughter.  I really owe a lot to the young people who spent much time in my home when the boys were young.  You can learn much from the very young.  I know too well that they can be sophomoric, yet they have a right to be.  I miss the days of teenagers being around.  They truly inspire me, and I love all the kids who spent much of their teen years in my home.  I thank them for keeping me young and for the laughter and if I did not have sons in my case, in some people's it's daughters, I would have missed all that.  Love to all.
Thanks for reading my blog.  I always welcome comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment