Thursday, February 23, 2012

To Love a Pet

     To my great delight, I saw my sons 
yesterday.  I was able to go see them both and spent time with them, 'American boys', lol, for anyone that does not get it I am writing a novel, American Boys, which I discuss so much more than I actually work on, that I compared it to The Shining, by Stephen King, writing the same thing...
     My older son who is the one who has not been well, said he thought it would be a 'beautiful thing if someone did a painting of me and an animal I love.'
      Two years ago he, Ted buried my beloved cat Tiger who died of kidney failure.  With so much going on, I did not really have time for my third, first actually being the oldest, the black one I got first in 1997 when he was nine months old from the aunt of a high school friend.  She is married to a New York artist.  I was so wrapped up in my son's illness and my dog is a lot of work, and just keeping my head in check is a lot of work, I kind of did not realize that Bhaghera was not feeling well.  I mean I could tell he has been really skinny and
sickly, but tonight I checked his bad foot.  He has a bad foot.  It needs an expensive operation, etc..  I cleansed and medicated and dressed it and gave him a tiny bit of penicillin, which I had to push the other hungry cat, Simon, the light orange tabby one away from.  Rubin was asleep thank God.  I saved the rest of the food with a tiny bit of penicillin for tomorrow.  He has a sick smell, but not too too bad, but I think he is going to be much better in the morning.
     I am glad I got a chance to give him some attention.  I think Ted is right, that I should have my portrait painted with an animal I love.
     I got the info on Bhaghera when I worked at the health food store.  We had a bulletin board.  He is named Bhaghera after the panther in Jungle Book, the Disney book and film that my kids liked among many  others.

No comments:

Post a Comment