Tuesday, May 8, 2012

When My Dear

It is the night when I feel you most near,
when the moon breaks through like one droplet your tear,
Not when the birds sing by dawn's light,
nor my empty insight,
from meditating in the hollowness of my soul.


It is by evening candle light that I am drawn to you,
the glare of the day evaporates all hope that is new,
As if it were vanished from my view.


Tell me Dear, when did I become so empty,
so careless, so fearless, so nothingness,
when sight came in to claim itself within and less without, losing sight of it all,
every star and every bird so lovely?


When did I become this way, intolerant,
raging wars, fighting love, warding off light?
Lord, You prepare a table in the presence of my enemies, and yet where are you now?
I will utter that prayer when life is turbulent,
and I will ask You for deeper insight,
For if I am unable to love, then teach me how.

No comments:

Post a Comment