Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Textiles; In Search of the Perfect Cardigan

     Ever so often I feel I need to find something.  Of course I will live if I do not 
find it, but right now I am looking for a white open cardigan for summer, one just long enough but not too long with long sleeves and the just right material.
      There are so many new fabric combinations that are so beautifully soft.
Have you noticed how soft the cotton modal is?  Then there are rayon and viscose, natural 
fibers as well, machine washable and incredibly soft and comfortable.
      I would be happy with any or a combination of these fabrics.  I am very touchy-feely.  I like to run my fingers over soft material.  One of my IQ tests at the Commission for the Blind was feeling and recognizing materials, not just fabrics but other more industrial material with a blindfold.  I did really well on this and recognizing patterns blindfolded as well as motor skills.  They call all this spacial relations.  
     I realize the subject of clothing and fabric is mundane, but I have to keep my writing upbeat and positive and not always incredibly deep.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment