Thursday, May 3, 2012

Night of Gospel in the Church of My Youth

Jesus was present, His love poured down,
In the old church of my youth the gospel 
singing held me in its heartfelt soulfulness,
As filled as the Holy Spirit I could e'er be,
I stared up at the ceiling high above me.


Hands in the air in devotion and prayer,
Praising Jesus without reservation,
And surrounded I was by His presence
through this worship and its earthy essence
without pretense.  


I felt the Holy Spirit within and without as
every musical note strummed my soul's lament,
There in the church of my younger days baptized, of my sister's wedding,
where all memories complete themselves in the beauty of a violin's song, and heavenly gospel singing.


Praise Jesus, thank you Lord,
His presence is all around me now in the 
singing, and I fall into oneness, unity and 
love, bringing forth my own devotion to a 
God that is not distant nor far, but here and 
now within this church of my youth,
Where the gospel singing brings forth truth
and love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment