Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Big Picture, the Little Things Matter Less

     Sometimes I get upset about the smallest things and feel so threatened by the dumbest little rejections, and at the same time I can be so calm about the most serious calamities.  I seem to be able to keep inner peace.
     Meher Baba said "be careful of strangers in your heart."  You may never have heard this, but he said it to one of my family members, well two, my sisters about a letter they wrote asking if he liked the Beatles.
     I hope my sister who is my friend on fb will not mind me saying this.  If I am inaccurate, she can correct me.  I often let strangers into my heart, love people, women and men who do not love me.  Put too much importance on friendships that are superficial.
     The reality is that everything that is real cannot be threatened.  It is only the bullshit that can be, and that does not matter.
     I have been worried about losing a couple of facebook friends who never even said anything to me on fb and probably never read my blog.  Why would such a stupid thing matter in the bigger scheme?
     Sometimes therapists give you this test to see if you are sane.  They say, "what does 'can't see the forest for the trees mean?" or "what does people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones mean?"  "Uh, I don't know," I say like Beevis and Buthead.  LOL.
I do not know why they ask those, but I do know what the one about the trees means because that is what I am talking about.  Sometimes one just cannot see the big picture.  And, it can be your ego in the way anyway or mine anyway, so therefore there really is nothing at all to feel bad about or be fearful of.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment