Thursday, May 17, 2012

About Writing and fb

     I think some people use fb entirely to promote their business.  fb is supposed to be a social network unless you actually are a business.  I mean some people do not even want socialization on their page!  That is stupid.  That is what a real web page is for.
     It may look like I promote myself with my articles, my novel and my singing videos and poetry, but truthfully I do not make money on any of my skills.
     I also do Reiki bodywork, but I do not promote that on fb.  Also I enjoy socializing on fb.  I think it is fun to find out what people are into and get feedback.  Sometimes if you tell an annoying problem like cat litter dirtying up the house, someone will suggest a different brand or someone might suggest a book, author, or musical artist you may like.  You can share links and they can share them to you.  It is awesome.
     I admit it is too bad that many of us are isolated and do not socialize much in real life, but for me I can only take so much real socializing before I get a little tired, although I am a social person.  I love having my kids around and enjoy having people over, even cooking for people on occasion.  My favorite kind of person to hang around is the kind where we know each other enough not to have to talk.  We can just watch TV, eat or lie around on sofas sleeping like 'Beevis and Buthead', lol.
     I am so relieved to be finished with my novel.  Yesterday I went over past written material from January and February to figure out what I wanted to use for the preface, forward, introduction and epilogue or afterward.  I dedicate it to my two sons.
     As I was in no hurry to finish my book.  I am in no hurry to publish it into a bound book, although eventually that is the idea.
     If one wants to you can actually read my blog off my 'New Humanity Blog'.  I have ideas for what I want to write next, possibly an FBI novel or something totally unrelated to my life as opposed to this one.  Who knows.     

No comments:

Post a Comment