Monday, April 23, 2012

Understanding Politics Better Now; I Am

     Although I am not a terribly political person, just came from a family of die hard Democrats and always voted that way.  I always listened to the debates since I was just a kid and it seemed it was mostly about the Democrats saying the rich should be taxed more and the middle class less which of course made perfect political sense to me.
     I think I have been listening to extreme liberal ideology, and although I really like Ron Paul I think, I definitely think I will vote for Obama again against what I may have said earlier.
     I know I could not vote Republican with the choice(s) we have, and having never voted Republican, that would take someone great to do that and the Republican party seems a bit broken now.
     One thing I will say to the Democrats is do not think that a Democratic president is less for war than a Republican.  Two Democrats kept us in war and Nixon actually got us out.
     Many give President Obama credit for bringing our troops home from Iraq, but they were scheduled to return at that time.
     I realize I have blamed President Obama for many financial problems which may have just been leaking over from the past administration in a tardy fashion making it seem that economically things were better before, which they were, but there are other factors in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment