Monday, April 16, 2012

Forgetting to Breath

     Of course breath is involuntary.  However I have found myself when I have been anxious or scared or even nervous forgetting to breath.  Sometimes  if you are scared enough it is just a survival mechanism, because someone might hear you breath, but in every day normal life, that will usually not be the case where one must hide in a closet from bad guys, although it happens.  Remember the Nazis or maybe I should say forget them, or maybe remember but do not give energy or something.
     There is also civil wars going on in Africa, and men going around with machetes raping and killing.  Now that I have put more bad stuff in your mind and mine, I will get to my point.
     What I really mean is sometimes I forget to be mindful about breathing, slow deep yogic breathing; there is a mindfulness to every act if you apply it, drinking a cup of tea, eating a meal, walking in nature, etc..
     I try not to be too editorial in my writing for various reasons, (1) I have been accused of choosing my words too carefully when speaking, (2) I have known writers who I felt overdid the editing, (3) I want to exercise my second amendment to The Constitution of the United States of America, and (4) last but not least if I edited too much I do not think I would ever write anything, fear based which is not where I want to be.  On the other hand, letting it all hang out is not good either.
      I dreamed last night I was wearing a white dress and was so embarrassed to find that it was completely see through.  In my dream I was baby sitting a friend's children and she was in jail (in my dream) not in real life of course, and when her husband came for the kids, I tapped him on the shoulder and said hello, but he ignored me, which made me feel guilty.  He sort of had his back to me.  Then when I looked down after he was gone with his kids, I saw that my dress was completely see through.  I figured what he must have thought, wondered if he noticed, hoped he did not, and I just felt a lot of shame, shame of myself.
     But, that was just a stupid dream working out some psycho babble b-sh-... I suppose.
     Back to mindfulness and breathing.  Did you know that one can learn to be mindful and meditative even in the dream world?  I read three books by Neale Donald Walsh, Happier than God, Conversations with God and one I forget the name of.  He spoke of a woman who saw a blue light in her sleep always, as though she were enlightened spiritually even in sleep, mindful.
It is a hard concept to fathom.  I dream as I have told in other blogs, visually impaired because I am and that is strange to me, since that was not the case when I had better vision naturally.
     Still I enjoy what I do see, a painting, a color, nature, water, trees, people, etc..  I may not see how others see, but I see.  That is almost metaphorical, because we all see life differently to some degree, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  To each his own.  I used to hate that expression, because I thought it was usually said with a nasty tone to it.  LOL
    Well, I am out of here.  Love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment