Monday, April 9, 2012

A Kind Thing

     It is an honor when someone needs your help, something that does not happen to me every day, because of my disability, but when someone needs me, it is always an honor, either to give advice, to let a sick friend sleep over because they do not feel well enough to drive.
     My son did not get to visit me on Easter weekend.  This is my younger boy I am talking about and really a young man, but very respectful to me and his grandmother, who he stays with when he is in town, because his asthma is better at Grandma's and he can get to the center easier.
     However, David has his license now.  Some rich people made a big to do, saying that he nicked their Lexus SUV.  They were trying to make a huge claim which would make my mother's insurance go sky high and she is no rich lady.
     The kind policeman did not issue my son a ticket.  I said,
"thank you so much.  You helped with my other son."  
      And he said "I have been helping your boys since they were just kids."  
      I was really touched.  He knew my boys.  He knew we had difficulties and no vehicle.  That my older son has been really sick.
It was a day that made me believe in the goodness of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment