Saturday, April 7, 2012

No Longer a Democrat

    I voted for President Obama.  I cried when he was elected because I was so touched that we had elected the first African American president.  I had canvased for him in North Carolina, and I have avidly defended him.  So, this may shock some of my friends and I hope you will accept the way I feel, but I am not going to vote for him again.
     Things for the poor, which I am, have gotten worse under Obama.  It was better for me and my family under Bush.  I never thought I would be saying this.
      I also do not approve of his policies on torture and Guatanimo Bay.  I also do not like his handling of the oil spill.  The dolphins are dying.
     I had praised him bringing our troops home, but December 2011 was the date the Iraq war was promised to end before he took office.
     I realize that many are counting on his health care, Obama Care, but I do not think it is going to pass.  And, for the poor it is getting worse all around, even if you have health care.  There is no chance of the poor being anything but poor.  The rich just get richer.  At least the Republicans are honest about where they stand.
      I realize many will not like my new stand, but this is how it is for the poor people under this administration.  The only way to do anything about the country is get out and vote, and personally I will be voting and it is not going to be for Obama or Ron Paul for that matter.  

1 comment:

  1. Due Respect, Leslie, Bush isn't running on the Republican ticket for President in 2012 ~ Romney is. And, bluntly, Romney's no friend to the poor. Look Again: Republicans are quick to cut budgets from public services that accommodate the needs of children, of women & of the less fortunate. It's these very same services that are being staunchly upheld & fought for by the Democrats. May I suggest you explore Romney's bias toward trickle-down economics. And that's to say, tax-cuts are unfairly biased by percentage for the rich. Now if you were netting $200k yearly and voting exclusively from your deep pocket, then Romney's your man, hands down. Obama may not be the Perfect President ~ No Argument. But mind you, we're not electing Saints. Honestly, may I suggest you DoublexCheck Your Facts before You Consider Your Vote. Warm Regards ~ Arthur

    ReplyDelete