Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hippy Childbirth

     I am listening to Craig Ferguson's autobiography, An Unlikely Patriot.  He talks a lot about alcohol recovery and what AA calls the 'big book'.  It is really inspiring how his life improved in sobriety, learning to live life on life's terms and enjoy so many things in life one never thought possible.  Interesting.
     The funniest part, he being a comedian is when his wife was pregnant in the '90's in L.A. and they went to childbirth classes where they had to watch '70's childbirth films with really hairy people and they started giggling so much that their 'no sense of humored' childbirth class teacher told them to leave.  It reminded me of an SNL skit I saw exactly like that, but really gross. 
     When I was pregnant both times in the '80's my ex and I took Lamaze childbirth classes at the hospital but it was not creepy like that.  We did not have to watch movies like that thank the Lord.
Although I confess we did have the books Spiritual Midwifery and Prenatal Yoga, of course given to us by our hippy friends.  LOL.  Prenatal yoga is very good though for helping women prepare for childbirth.
      That part of the book was so funny I just had to share it. 
     I have to admit though being a Virgo woman, I have a bit of earth mother in me.  My younger son was saying how his stepmother did not like his father's church because women breastfeed there, but to tell you the truth I think a woman should be allowed to feed her baby when her baby is hungry, even if that be in church.  That is just my opinion.  If someone has an issue with it, that is their problem I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment