Sunday, April 22, 2012

Empower Yourself

     You have to empower yourself to survive in this crazy mixed up world.  Why?  Because people will try to put you down, push you around, mess with your head and many lack good sense in many ways.  Do not let people get all up in your head.  It just is not worth it.
     Recently I dated a guy.  I was not that attracted to him, but I thought I should give it a try, since my future is uncertain as is everyone's.  
     I invited him to a party with my friends.  Before that we had gone to a party with his friends, actually people I have known a long time too, because we attend the same church.  At least I used to.  His ex-girlfriend was present.  I have been single a long time, so to me this was no big deal.  Hey, we are all adults.  Or I thought we were.
     So he comes to take me to my party which I invited him to and tells me he's hung up on his ex.  This is not a new thing for me.  It has happened to me before a few times.  I've heard this before is what I am saying, worded differently in every case but always meaning the same thing.  
     He cried and I offered him a kleenex.  I should have been the one crying.  Geesh.  So I wonder to myself, "why did he not tell me this a few days ago and I could have gone with someone else instead of showing up?  Was this just to humiliate me?  What is his problem?  What a drag."  So I go with him and he has a great time and likes my friends, because unlike his they are normal.
     I have a good time.  I put on a happy face and the full on personality and actually enjoy myself, interacting with him only when necessary.  
     He leads me to the vehicle and we make small talk, but I know what I am going to say and have my key ready to get inside fast, a fast get away.  
     I say, "I'm not inviting you in.  I don't think we should see each 
other again."
     He says, "well no, not like that because I still have this other thing..."  Oh I forgot to tell you he wanted to talk about her, but I said I was not interested.  That was before we left my house.
     I said, "no, I do not want to see you again ever.  I'm through with you."  
     You see this was not the first time he insulted me.  I was giving him a second shot.  Foolish me.
Why I just let him take me to the party, I have no idea?  I guess that was stupid of me.  Oh well.  At least the jerk had a good time at my party, my friends' party.

No comments:

Post a Comment