Sunday, January 8, 2012

Why You are Your Own Guide

     Within each person there are guides, spirit guides if we can access our guide or guides through meditation.  They are not ghost or entities, or anything spooky or occult, although there are Native American and African techniques to find our inner guidance through meditation.
     I believe this is what the I Ching refers to as the Sage, listen to the guidance of the Sage, God, a Higher Power so to speak.  The Tao in Chinese philosophy.
     Sometimes in our lives we put others up as idols, weather it be clergy, yoga teachers, Course in Miracles teacher, sponsors in twelve step programs, who often do not really know or understand our own life no matter how much one tries to explain.  Forgive me, I am in no way putting down these life saving programs, but I have seen so many people get 'burned' by looking up to someone who only lets them down or gossips about them or just basically treats them badly.  Usually this is not the case, but it can be.
    Everyone needs friends and mentors and people we trust and confide in, counselors, etc., but you cannot put all your eggs in one basket so to speak.  It can lead to a great let down.  Even our friends let us down.  They are in our lives, then not.  Still, if we want the friendship we have a choice to wait out these times, retreating to some degree, moving on and finding more friends, focusing on our own self-growth.
     My companion tells me anyone fifty or over and still having to do all this introspective stuff is just...  but I just laugh, because this is part of his endearing qualities.  I like him as he is.  I do not want him to change.  Well, actually I did, but now he is different, not in personality or the fact that he smokes cigarettes, I would not dictate to someone any more than I would want my amusing habits dictated to me, like the fact that I like to watch crime shows like Criminal Minds, well not the reruns anymore, but you know what I am saying. When I say he changed, I do not mean himself, but certain things in his life which stood in the way of our relationship, technicalities or logistics I suppose.
     So back to these inner guides.  If one can meditate and visualize, these guides will help us, just as when I do a Reiki treatment, I say ,"calling all Reiki Masters past present and future to help to treat said person with white light and protection."
     When things are difficult and stressful and you just cannot seem to keep your ducks in a row, like I feel sometimes or worry about what tomorrow brings and all the things that must be done, the bills, the mail, the taxes, the medical problems to address, the family, etc., just breath deeply in and out.  Step outside.  Do sun salutations on a sunny day or on the beach or wherever you live, in a field, on a mountain.  Say a montra, "keep it light",  "all that matters is truth", or simply "om" or "Jesus" or "Baba" or the names for God.  Or simply say "I am OK and those I love are OK".  Pause.  I do not smoke cigarettes, but one thing smokers have going for them is that moment of going outside in the fresh air and breathing in deep and out slowly, like a purging.
    Yoga also helps a great deal.  Trust your own intuition, your own gut, your own wisdom.  We all know deep inside what is best for us.  I hope you got something out of this article.  Much love, namaste.



No comments:

Post a Comment