Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Problem with Resentment

     Recently I realized, and not for the first time, the
toxicity of resentment.  A longtime resentment
has been like a boil in me for years.  I will not
tell the details.  There would be no point.
     But, today a revelation came, a realization of 
of the simplest kind.  There is a saying, "resentment
is like drinking poison, expecting another to die."
     There are black magic spells that can be cast
involving black candles and boxes and writing names on pieces of paper, etc.  knowing all the while
that in the law of karma it is a totally bad idea.
     And in truth if you really want to send negativity
all you have to do is light black candles and send
negative thoughts to someone.  
It is a bad idea all around and I should not even
indulge one's mind in such folly.  
     As a Reiki Master, a healer, my intention
is only and solely to heal, never harm, like the
oath that physicians take, "first do no harm".
     So, I have thus related that resentment is 
a waste of time only hurting oneself.  This of
course includes any entertainment of the idea 
of revenge.  Even when I watch the primetime
television show called 'Revenge' with the beautiful
movie star Madeline Stowe, I think 'what is
wrong with these characters?  They only hurt
themselves.'  So, therefore, I believe the best
resolution is to retreat into one's own higher 
self and let it go.  "Give it to Baba".  "Let go 
and let God."  This advice I give I give myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment