Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Upholding Principles

     Everyone has a different opinion about 
most things.  Sometimes, though, it seems
as if I am compromising my own belief system
just to get along with someone who may be
right in their own mind and heart, but wrong
in my heart and mine.
     Where do you draw the line just to keep the
peace with someone?  How badly do you need
or want this person in your life?  Are your opinions
being respected?  These are things I ask myself.
      Someone close to me has really unusual
and in my opinion offensive views, but in the
Course in Miracles, there is no right and wrong.
     I beg to differ, but that is not really the point.
I am left wondering:  am I really getting to 
express myself?  Are my views taken seriously?
Am I compromising my own integrity by not
debating, when I know that this person will
get angry if I try to?  Is it weak to try to keep 
the peace?
     I know I always bring my visual impairment
into everything, but it plays a big part in my life
in some ways, because I think I will put up
with annoying things to get my daily living needs
met.  So today I walked to the post office even
though crossing the highway even at the cross-
walk scares me, and I think to myself perhaps
I could be as self-contained as possible.
     I realize that writing a blog might make you
think I am really wise and know much, but 
no more than anyone else.  I just love to write.
     I would love to hear from you.  Feel free to
post on my blog.  I would love for you to join,
share and comment.  Love to all.     

No comments:

Post a Comment