Thursday, March 22, 2012

Getting Through a Rough Patch

       Sometimes it is hard to keep one's equipoise when shocking events happen.  It is easy to get worried and fearful.  Sometimes it is hard to stop thinking about the future, and wanting what is worrying you to be over and resolved.  I am feeling like that now.  Yet, other aspects of my life are helping me to get out of self and be involved in helping a loved one, but with my disability, sometimes I need help to help myself and others.
     I have many character defects, but I am working on them.  If you ever worked the twelve steps, you found that your character defects were very prominent in your life.  I keep finding more defects of character.  Without trying to beat myself up, I guess the only solution for anyone would be to pray about it.
     The first words to The Road Less Traveled is "life is hard."
Truthfully I never cared for that book although I know for some it is like the Holy Bible, like A Course in Miracles is for me these days.  I do not like to think of life as hard, even if it is.  It takes away all the fun.  I would rather think of it as a roller coaster ride.  
     I have said and still say that I like many others, just have to keep my ducks in a row, but I think for me it is more a feeling of needing to survive, like life and death, do or die, because I do not have a significant other to grab on to the other side if the ship sinks.  However, I am happy the way things are I suppose.  Friends are good to have.  I have friends who are very helpful, so in some ways I know I am alright without someone to "complete me."  I am already complete in and of myself.  My friends are priceless and amazingly kind.  In fact someone took a lot of time out of his day today to help my son and I and for this I am so very grateful.  I am grateful for acts of kindness and hope that I can be kind and helpful too in some way, even by doing Reiki healing or giving a friend some good advice, not that I necessarily have any good advice.  I might just think I do, so tell me if I ever give you unsolicited advice.  LOL
     I know that if I have faith and write a gratitude list on an ongoing basis, knowing in the meantime that it will work out alright and if I try to see through the Holy Spirit thought system, rather than the narrow perspective of my limited ego mind, that I will be able to shift and see things differently.
     Some people who know me, may think I am capable of wigging out.  They may be right, but it takes a lot for that to happen these days, and for the life of me I am trying to maintain equilibrium as we all are.  "What if God was one of us..."  I can't remember who wrote that song, but it is in the soundtrack of Vanilla Sky, one of my all time favorite films.
     Well, my finger is almost healed, so I am back to blogging, although according to my son Ted, only bound books are real writing, we know this is not true, although he is entitled to his opinions.  Love to all.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment