Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Food, Warm or Cool?

     Chopra talks a lot about eating and drinking warming foods, like ginger, cooked warm food, cayenne, black pepper, rosemary, thyme and sage.  The idea is to give the body more warmth.  He does not talk much about the opposite, too much heat, as they say in acupuncture.
     When I worked at the California Acupuncture College in the Westwood area of L.A., I ordered the text books.  I had to call the instructors to find out what books they were using for the next term.  My ex-husband was a student there and had handed me down this job, because he needed to focus on school, but then for financial reasons (we had one child already) he felt he had to quit to make money doing construction.  The tuition was very expensive.
     One book used was called, Staying Healthy With the Seasons.  Being easier reading for me than say The Shanghai Text which we ordered all the way from China, although I think there was a book company in Boston that carried it, I read some of Staying Healthy With the Seasons.  Supposedly, when there is heat in the blood, it is better to eat more cooling foods like cool drinks, fruit and cool soups.  I do not think they suggest anything be too cold though, but that would rule out ice cream, my favorite and many people's.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment