Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Autobiography/ Abreviated

      My grandfather on my mother's side was a hero in World War One.  He was a colonel in the 60th division of the United States Army.  He was decorated in France, in 1918, with the Distinguished Service Cross.  He also obtained the Purple Heart.  My grandmother, his wife, had immigrated from Latvia when she was thirteen, spoke several languages, learned English, became an office manager, and later head of the Jewish War Veterans Wives Auxiliary.
     My grandfather, on my father's side was a lawyer.  He spent three years in Fort Leavenworth Prison, for being a conscientious objector in World War I.  He was tortured in prison.
     He became a CEO of the Grant Company, and was very successful.  My grandmother's sister was in the DAR.  She was a wasp, obviously, but she declined to be, even though she qualified.  She was a home economics teacher, and had grown up on a farm in Indiana.  Her maiden name was Carroll.  She was a direct decedent of Charles Carroll, a signer of the Declaration of Independence.  She was also related to Johnny Apple Seed.
     My father was a graduate of Rhode Island School of Design, had retinitis pigmentosa, and was a fine artist.  He met Meher Baba.  My mother met Meher Baba in India before that.  She was and is still an artist and a Harvard graduate.
     Now I would like to tell a little about myself.  I went to Lander University and Coastal Carolina University, as well as U.S.C., when Coastal was a branch of it.
     I sang professionally in many forums, and helped to support my family, and in other situations supported my family with my music.  I played my first singing and guitar playing gig when I was only thirteen.  I sang on the Meher Center stage from the time I was nine.  In 2004, I sang professionally once again in song writer show cases and with the Carolina Girls With Guitars.  I was paid to sing at my gigs, and I am not an amateur in any way, contrary to popular Meher Baba follower, belief.
     I taught school, substitute taught off and on, after my divorce from the father of my children in '95.  I also worked in a health food store, and have had many jobs in my life.  Finally I had to go on disability.  I am legally blind, as you know.
     Now I am a Reiki Master, and have been said to be a true healer, although I am not having clients now.  I love animals and humanitarian causes.  I love domestic activity and making things beautiful.  I used to paint and draw, even had shows, before my eyes started going.
     Now I just meditate, read, write, sing, play, and do yoga.  So, that in essence is my biography, not exciting, but maybe some things my haters do not know.  Just kidding, or not.  Oh, and I was in the only family who's kids grew up at the center, which means nothing, of course.  We all know that I am nothing, including me, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment