Sunday, July 21, 2013

I Was Touched by the President's Speech the Other Night

     I think President Obama gave a wonderful speech concerning Trayvon Martin, and the results of the Zimmerman trial.  I cried.  I just feel so bad for Trayvon's parents, and about this terrible tragedy.
     You know, one thing about being an American, is we all have different political views, etc., but one thing should be shared in common, and that is that this racial profiling, and not just racial profiling, religious profiling, economic profiling, etc., and even profiling of the disabled, needs to stop NOW, and I mean now!
     You would not believe how the disabled, the blind are treated.  People treat blind people as less than, as stupid, and there is so much ignorance.
     Truthfully, if I had a choice, and I had financial means beyond what I do, I would not live in South Carolina, period.  But, probably it is not so great in most states, either.  The police are not really for the people.  They do not care about the victim, or who was violated, they just want to look for warrants on everyone.  We are almost as fascist as many other countries.
     Yes, people treat blind people as less than, and it happens constantly, even if they have a guide dog. 
     Another thing I am sick of, and this includes the Meher Baba community, I am sick of Mr. and Mrs., Miss, or Ms perfect.  I am sick of this in general, but Baba followers are very holier than thou, and most have not a clue what it like to really live in the real world.
     Do you even know how rare real kindness is?  I encounter it, but very seldom.  Most of what I encounter is ego this and ego that, but very little love, very little help, and very little understanding, and I hate to say it, but very little intelligence.

     I just wanted to add that I feel the police are doing their best at their job.  I was just upset at the time I wrote this, well good enough, I suppose, but maybe could improve a little.
     However, I still feel the same about Baba followers, and that just is what it is.  I am sure there are exceptions, but not many.

No comments:

Post a Comment