Thursday, August 16, 2012

Losing Peace of Mind and Why

     Recently I got way too emotionally meshed with my views and actually took it to a level where I think I acted inappropriately, because although I have a right to feel a certain way, that gives me no right to wig out about it.
     I also was taking fb too seriously I think, and there were other factors going on I will not go into, but I lost about three friends in a day and was called names, but so what.
     I took a good look at myself, a searching and fearless moral inventory to look for the source of my being that upset, where I was coming from in all of that hysteria.
     I realized that although my resentment was well founded, I could only have gotten that upset if I felt in some way threatened emotionally, that it had to be my sense of security, my sense of wholeness, my sense of self, self-esteem, or my sense of wholeness as a person.  Maybe I felt that I was challenged in some way.
     Maybe I felt like I would have liked to have more than two children as selfish as that sounds, and as spoiled as that sounds, since many people cannot have children at all, and I have more than enough children with my two sons.  Perhaps I felt bad for people who cannot have kids and want them badly, when some can have them and do not want them.
     But, in truth, it is none of my business what they do.  I should not take personally the decisions of others, nor should I judge them, because as I said my resentment is rooted deeper.  So, maybe I am trying to apologize to anyone who witnessed this, not because I think my beliefs are wrong, but because I may have been imposing my beliefs or ethical ideals or values in an inappropriate manner and lost my poise or equipoise and peace of mind, but I know it is even more complicated, but I want to say that I am taking a good long look at my own self and what my triggers are in terms of what makes me angry or upset.
     All in all, it may just be feelings of my own sense of deprivation, not literally but in Course in Miracles terms, my own sense of inadequacy figured in with perhaps some feelings of loss and lost last chances.  I realize I may not be making sense to my readers, and I apologize.  I just do not know how to word this without baring my soul.  I have realized that anything I publish or put on fb can be baring my soul, and I do not want to do that anymore.  I want to keep my integrity and dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment