Saturday, August 11, 2012

Clearing Up My Positions and I'd Rather Be Happy than Right

     I want to clarify my political views in case they were misunderstood.  I am not a Republican or a Libertarian.  I do believe in the rich paying taxes and I do believe in the government helping the poor, children, elderly, blind and disabled.  I am not a Tea Party member either.  I am still a Democrat, but I have two fairly conservative views, which I have already discussed, but I want to say for the record that even though I believe in the second amendment I do think guns are not being regulated closely enough, such as assault weapons.  However I believe that someone should be able, if they can get the license and pass the shooting test, etc., have a rifle for hunting or a rifle or gun for safety, with very careful handling and know how, and never around children.  Also, never around alcohol.  People get crazy sometimes where alcohol is involved.
     I also wanted to say that although I am pro-life, I do not judge anyone's choice.  I would just prefer people stop using it for contraception, like women who have had one after another.  Also, I do not like the late ones.  I think that is really horrible.  I do think that there should be an exception in rape, incest, or some severe abnormality, depending on how the mother feels about it.
     Also, I am basically pro-Israel but have empathy for the Palestinians.  I do not like the whole Guantanamo thing, but I am not going there.  So, for anyone who may have misunderstood, I wanted to make things clear.
     I am not running for office, lol or an ego trip or anything, like my views are the only good ones.  I am constantly growing and changing and realize, if you have gotten this far in my article without thinking I am too redundant, like a broken record or 'Jack' in The Shining by Stephen, writing the same sentence repeatedly, that all in all I would rather be happy than right.
     Just one thing I wanted to add: Some people think that Americans are crazy and paranoid with conspiracy theories like Alex Jones for instance, to site an extreme example, but many feel that if the holocaust could happen, who can really trust their government entirely?  That is how I feel.  I really do.  It is not paranoia, just not being naive about the world, looking back over history and events around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment