Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Literature Overview

     I am reading a very important book, fiction, but a big party of history, translated from German, Little Man--What Now? by Hans Fallada.
     I thought I was never going to get through the seventy-eight hour talking book, The Weird, an anthology of strange and dark stories by authors from H.P. Lovecraft to Stephen King to Joyce Carol Oates.  It began with authors from the early 1900's and ended with the most modern, around 2005. 
    They were stories like 'The Man in the Black Suit' by Stephen King.  Indeed, they were a bit dark, and some downright sick, to say the truth, but mostly entertaining.
     The authors were from around the world, including Tagore, the famous Indian author.  They were translated into English from the languages written in.   
     It was compiled and edited, and I cannot remember their name, but you could google it.  The thing is, you need a lot of patience to get through the entire book.
     I think I like dark books sometimes, because life is difficult anyway, and authors of horror and supernatural things, usually also have a dark humor, a sense of humor that not everyone can appreciate, but I can definitely, which is why I like King's writing so much.  I read his humor between the lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment