Monday, March 18, 2013

Forgiving Oneself/ Forgiving Others

     Grief, so many facets, indescribable, sinks into every fiber of our being from time to time.  There is no escape from it, whether it be a death, a break up, a divorce, being apart from one's children when they are young, loss of your home you loved.
     When things go wrong, even though sometimes one feels relieved to be out of a bad situation, it is still very hard for all parties concerned.  The only way through is to be strong.  Although blaming another person is not the answer, blaming oneself is worse.  You may ask God to forgive you, but even better ask God to help you forgive yourself.
       Dear God,
            I know that You are all forgiving.
      Please help me to forgive myself
      and others, involved in this 
      entanglement.
              Amen

     Once my perception is corrected, radical forgiveness, I can go on.  I can forgive someone else, and myself.  If I take all responsibility, I am not being fair to myself.  We all have a role to play.  The worst suffering in relationships, is blaming oneself.  This can lead to no good.  How can one heal this way?  I suppose eventually the light will sink in, and we will know that we are not to blame, but feeling guilty is one of the worst feelings imaginable.  
     Although it is important to take accountability and take an honest inventory of oneself, it is also important to see the bigger picture.  It does no good to try to carry the weight of the world.  
     Dear God,
           I cannot bare this burden any      
      longer.  Please help me see clearly,
      for I cannot do this alone.  Bring Your
      guidance to me, and help...  (other said 
      person as well.)
            Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment