Tuesday, January 22, 2013

There is Such a Thing as Evil

     I realize that even in the Course in Miracles, all that is, is love, and nothing else.  However, in the world of form - illusion, there is such a thing as evil.  
     I also know that Meher Baba said "there are only levels of good," which means pretty much the exact same thing.
     Marianne Williamson says that in the world of illusion there is evil, such as the Holocaust, murder, rape, violence, the twin towers, bombings, and Albert Einstein said that "watching evil and doing nothing, is worse than evil."  He also said, "WWIV would be fought with sticks and stones," having discovered the atomic bomb, perhaps he figured the world would be destroyed in a third war, and if life were left here, there would be nothing left, but sticks and stones.  I think that is what he meant.
     There are some Course in Miracles teachers who do not believe in sides.  I once walked out of an ACIM class, because I mentioned something about the Holocaust, and she said there are no sides.  I felt offended that the idea of innocent people being exterminated, after being sought and loaded into trains, which was so terrible, beyond words, was not being rightly recognized.
     I later apologized, not for my views, but for walking out indignantly.  However, if I myself were to ever become a Course in Miracles teacher, I would discuss it more like Marianne Williamson, but Marianne Williamson is also Jewish, and I am half Jewish, so being Jewish makes a difference about how you see the Holocaust.  Perhaps we take it more personally, unless you felt a past life connection or affinity.
     Marianne Williamson also talks about her time in Africa with Oprah Winfrey and the girl's school.  Apparently, the first slaves captured were royalty.  In her book The Age of Miracles, she said that having dinner hosted by these beautiful, royal, African people, made her think that maybe after two-hundred years, they might have reincarnated back in Africa, their true heritage.  I thought that was a nice thought, to be able to be in one's own beautiful country, Kenya, in the mother continent, Africa.
     That brings me to how it ties in with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., who fought with only love and nonviolence, like Gandhi.  I wrote my Freshman English 101 term paper on Martin Luther King, his influence from Gandhi, and how it all started with one woman, Rosa Parks, who did not go to the back of the bus, one day in Birmingham, Alabama in the 1960's.  That was the beginning of the civil rights movement in America.
     I went to college back in the day where you did your research out of books in the library, made foot notes that were numbered, and in the end wrote a bibliography.  There were no computers.  Computer programming was a field that was just emerging at my university at the time.  
     Well, living in the deep south, going to college in South Carolina, I had snide remarks made by one 'know it all, but really doesn't girl' about my topic.  I will not go into that.  Ignorance is ignorance, wherever you go.
     So, back on topic, yes there is evil in this world, such as the shootings in the schools.  This is evil, all the shootings are evil.  That is why I like the fact that it is being addressed, although what Obama is proposing really is not enough.  Perhaps it is a beginning.  We all hope in these critical times, that things will improve somehow.  We have seen so many terrible, tragic things occur.  When will the 'new age' or 'new humanity,' as my blog is called, ever really emerge, and take front seat, putting all this behind?  Will it?  Frances Brabazon wrote about it, and it has been foreseen, and yet I wonder.  
     Perhaps there will come a new movement, like the one in the '60's, that does not include the sex and drugs, now that there is aids in our society, other diseases, and addiction is prevalent.  Sex is too casual, and that is inappropriate, since it really belongs in a loving, committed relationship, but is taken flippantly now.  I do not mean to sound prude.  We have all had flings, etc., but really if we follow Meher Baba's teachings, this is not correct.  
     Also, when you reach a certain age, such as mine, you just do not want to live that way.  I do not have enough time left on this earth, to waste on meaningless affairs.  If I do not find love, then I do not, but I will not compromise for a night of anti-depressant sex, someone to get me through the night.  It is not worth it, and is so meaningless.  A woman's body is a sacred temple, and no man belongs in intimacy with her body, without love for her, and commitment, unless that is what she really wants, and she would have to be drunk, high or not emotionally sober or mature, not following her heart and essence, to cast pearls before swine.  That is how I feel.  If you say yes, but want to say no, there is a feeling of violation, and too many women have been violated too much, for too long.  
     So, back to evil, rape is evil.  Evil exists, and there is no denying it.  Perhaps on a positive note, we can bring our darkness to the light as a Course in Miracles says, and transcend every level of consciousness to love.  Namaste.       

No comments:

Post a Comment