Monday, December 31, 2012

It's a New Year, Time for Change: Why Women Change

     In Jungian psychology, we all have a shadow.  I spent much of my life being too nice, too good, and basically a doormat.
     I realize in retrospect, I really shocked some people in my life, especially the men, because they never imagined me being or acting the way I became.  And, this takes me back to Skeleton Woman.
    Skeleton Woman, in the story in Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes PhD., is a story about a fisherman who catches a skeleton woman, and low and behold and long story short, they live happily ever after.  Of course, as I said before in my last blog on SageWords, sagewords.blogspot.com; this one is thenewhumanitylives.blogspot.com on which my entire novel, American Boys is written, Skeleton Woman is the woman, unaltered as she is, with all her woundedness, and eventually she grows back muscle tissue, skin and hair, blood, eyes, veins, etc..
     I have been not only a doormat, but have rebelled and become the opposite.  My hair has been short or long, and I have been skinny or at times needing to lose a little weight.  The point is, what may have been misconstrued as meanness was really rebelliousness.  When you never rebelled as a teen, or as a wife or even a girlfriend, eventually the shadow as Jung says, emerges.  It emerges because it has to.  She cannot go on forever the way she is.  She is dying, and this is all about change. She cannot stay the same forever.  It just is not possible, because she cannot grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment