Saturday, December 15, 2012

If You Ever Want to Get Past Illusion

     Sometimes I wonder, "don't they see the illusion in the illusion?  It's so damn obvious."
     But, they don't.  They won't, because they are at a place where the threat of the ego is too great. 
     When the threat of the ego is no longer such a challenge, then and only then, can one find the true spiritual path.
      Many of us have suffered, suffered greatly.  Some want to identify and make their suffering their reason to be.  I don't.  I do not want my story to be equated with me, who and what I am.  
     Our story is not who we are.  If you make your story - you, this is not the truth.  You are more than your story, and your story only defines you as much as you want it to.
      We have a choice.  We all do.  We can choose the Holy Spirit thought system over self-judgment and that of others.  We can choose peace over suffering.  
     The past does not define a person.  A person is not defined by their experience, and they cannot be defined, period.  They can just be, as I just am.
     Jesus, our brother, is our example.  In the Course in Miracles, Jesus is our brother.  We can take our brother's hand and walk the walk with Him.  We don't have to do it alone, but if we feel alone, it is OK.  
      I am not my story, not my divorce, not my children, my lost home, my mistakes.  I just am.  Jesus, my brother, takes me through the ruins, but there is no remorse, no sadness.  I need no rescuer, lest Jesus.  Those that rescue are sick too.  They cannot save us.  It can appear as a facade and the rescue-er may seem the hero, and yes he or she may mean well, but the only true rescue is God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit.
      My training is based on the Course in Miracles, where I am only illusion as far as my body, just as in Meher Baba's teachings, but I am a mind, a soul.  In the sense that I am a part of God and the Holy Spirit thought system, I am real.  In that sense, yes I am real, but in my ego self, no, I am not, only in oneness, do I truly exist.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment