Thursday, June 27, 2013

Today I Wrote to Our Congressman

     After participating in the town hall meeting, yesterday, with Rep. Rice, via telephone, I was disturbed by a few things.  They never got to me, or my questions, so I left a message and sent an email today.
     I could not believe what I was hearing people say.  One lady said, we should not have pelle grants?  He actually agreed, and I admit there was more to it than that, but do people know how expensive college tuition is now?
     I am glad as far as jobs are concerned, that this gun manufacturer is coming from Connecticut, because South Carolina is apparently right up there with Texas where guns are concerned.  How are we as a state, a county going to deal with gun violence, which was my question?
     One lady said, the illegals are not good citizens.  That is a bit unfair.  It sounded like racism to me, and he just allowed it.  He apparently is not for amnesty.  People forgot that the Boston Marathon bombers, were not only legal, but white.
     One lady I kind of agreed with, about the young Russian people coming and taking all the summer jobs.  He claimed that no one else would do the jobs.  I do not believe that. Citizens need jobs.  Americans need jobs.  It is so hard for Americans to get work visas to other countries.  Only a rich kid could afford to come here on a work visa from Russia.  So, here I agree with her, and disagree with him.
     Thank you as always for reading my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment