Saturday, October 13, 2012

Damaging Parenthood

     No one has a perfect life like the 'Clevers', and personally I never complain about my parents or my childhood.  My childhood was good enough I guess.
     I did not love growing up at the center because I was too cut off from kids and did not really get to socialize until high school, and even then it was a sketchy social life.  I did have my brother and one friend who was a BL kid too, but went to a different school and lived in a different part of town.
     I just was not really given any positive reinforcement.  I suppose they liked my music OK, but I was never given much and had to obtain thing like my first car through working, which it should be anyway.  I went to music camp once, but I had to pay for that too out of an accident settlement.
     I guess I say damaging, because although my father died a long time ago, I have been very shadowed by my mother.  I have really been disregarded by people, and have had to deal with my mother's ego.
     Some people think she is this really impressive person.  They think I am nothing and no one, because I am poor and blind.
     I think like attracts like, and the people who are so fond of my mother are similar to her.  I know I sound jealous.  It is not that.  It is just that my mother told me one of her fans is her daughter.  I figure what does she need me for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment