Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Feminism/ Taking Your Power Back and How


     The best feminist book is Women Who Run With the Wolves, a complete archetypal Jungian dissertation, which you can study and takes notes in, as well as reading as a group.  Dr. Pinkola brings the traditions of medicine woman from South American tradition together with Jung, the shadow, and the fairy tales that have deeper meaning.
     Another good feminist book is Loving Him Without Losing You.  This PhD. writer talks about how women live so much in fantasy, and not really noting reality. 
     I think to call oneself a feminist is one thing, but truly living it and learning what it means is another.  Many female authors are feminists as well, such as Elizabeth Berg, Joyce Carol Oates, and others.
     It is hard for women today.  We want to be in relationships with men, but often they do not work out, and not to harm anyone, we have to move on and take our power back just to survive.  We do not want to lose ourselves. 
     I may be too far from a dreamer, but even though I have been married, had kids, and had long term relationships, part of me thinks no one has been in love with me.  I really do not know.  I know that I thought, at one time or another, that I was in love, myself, but I do not even know now if I really was. 
     Now I almost have an aversion to men.  I get turned off by them really fast, and I cannot bare wasting time with anyone, knowing full well they are not for me, that I am not for them.  It is not anything against men in general.  I mean I have sons.  I just get bad feelings sometimes about the men who approach me.  It could just be jadedness or caution, but I have learned to ward off red flags, and I will not 'rush in,' ever, after the experiences I have had.  Once you have had your life demolished and had to pick up the broken pieces of your finances, your kids, yourself, it gets harder and harder to want anyone, or to even say yes - ever.  I am not wrong in this, but I am not saying it is good.  It just is what it is.
     At this point, I think I am just okay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment