Thursday, September 26, 2013

Elimination Not the Answer or Solution

     I am reading Jodi Picoult's 2013 bestseller, The Storyteller.  I would like to tell you that my idea of a good time was kayaking, sky diving, and jet skiing, but I guess I am boring, because my idea of a good time, is a good book or a good movie and a glass of wine. 
     Even though the holocaust was sixty years ago, there is no statute of limitation on murder.  When we extradite Nazis to Europe, often nothing is done with them.  No consequences, but anyone who watches Cold Case, knows there should be..
     Picoult's main character is Sage, a name I wish now, I had kept.  My birth name is Leslie, but part of me will always be Sage as well.  I dreamed that Mehera said that I was Leslie Sage.  However, my parents named me Leslie, a popular name in the early sixties, like Christopher, my brother's name.  Leslie and Christopher were the names of actor Michael Landon's kids.
     A bad economy is never reason for genocide.  So many excuses for Nazism, and for the apathy of the Germans and other Nazi countries in Europe, towards Jews, gypsies, and anyone they considered the enemies, six million. 

No comments:

Post a Comment