Friday, November 16, 2012

Painting, Music, Dance, Theater and Writing

     If I could live anywhere, any time, it would be Paris, the left bank in the twenties. I would love to discuss art, music, acting dance and writing with those such as Gertrude Stein, Picasso, Hemingway, etc..
     My parents were artists.  My father went to R.I.S.D..  I think writing songs and books and movie scripts may be more powerful than painting.  I realize my father captured Meher Baba, and was an amazing artist.
     I see the beauty of ballet and modern dance which I studied in college.  Still, when I see a film like The Green Mile, I am so astounded by the talent of the actors, as well as my favorite author Stephen King.  Also, the film making is quite spectacular, an art in and of itself.
     Having a brother who went to U.S.C. in Southern California film school, he may also appreciate this.  
     As much as I love Vincent van Gogh and other amazing painters and dancers like Isadora Duncan, I feel, looking over the words to songs I have written in my mind, such as 'Alan's Song', that people can hide,  but when you write a song from the heart, there really is no hiding.  The honesty of the heart comes out so strong and true.  Can anyone really paint that?  Dance that?  Act that?  Yes, act that, maybe, write that, for sure.  I feel that writing songs, poetry, which also can be hidden behind as well as novels not from the heart, that writing, true writing of songs and novels and scripts, may be the strongest of all art forms.  You may beg to differ and I would love to hear you.
     As a musician and mother of a musician, I know the power of music itself.  Still, how can writing be hidden behind?  True painting and true acting and dance, as well as music probably cannot be hidden behind either.

No comments:

Post a Comment