Saturday, September 8, 2012

Feel Guilty No More

     I have found in my life that guilt is one my most prevalent emotions.  But why?  Why should that be?  I have been miserable at times when I should have been celebrating, but not only have I done it, I have seen others waste their time on it as well.  I saw someone get married, all the while harping that she felt bad for her ex.  She was marrying someone close to me, and I felt this just was not right, but of course that is me judging, and who am I to judge?  This was long ago. 
     There is no longer a need for white people to feel guilty for slavery in America, to remember it with reverence, yes, but not feel guilty for what people who may or not have been their own ancestors were doing as Chris Rock says all the way to the sixties, and he is right.  However, at the same time, Germans should not feel guilty yet be reverent for the holocaust along with the rest of European countries where this persecution happened.  In the same breath I say, why do we have to feel guilty that Jesus was crucified two-thousand years ago?  I realize I may lose some Christian friends, and I love Jesus and I have much reverence for His suffering.  Still it does not make logical sense to me that He died for my or our sins.  Why would God sacrifice His only begotten son?  I love Jesus, and I cried since I was a child over His crucifixion, but it is it appropriate for us to drag this out Mel Gibson style?  Yes I know Bhau said "go see Passion of the Christ" when he spoke in America, and it was very touching I agree and sad.  Still, I do not think seeing graphic pictures of Christ on the cross with blood all over is going to do anyone any good.  It is worse than scenes from Criminal minds or Law and Order, Special Victims Unit.  Is it necessary for us to see the gore and blood, in order to love Jesus?
     Keep in mind though, I have nothing against Christians.  I only have a problem with Republicans, lol, not how Republicans used to be but how they are today.  Totally without compassion.  If you really love Jesus and humanity, then get out and vote for justice and love!  I think it is obvious the Democrats are where the love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment