Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Back From the Other Side: a poem by Leslie Walsh

I dreamed you came back to me, back from somewhere,
Appeared from the other side,
Your hair still light, your feet were bare,
Your clothes were white, and it seemed you could almost glide.

You said, "I watch over the ocean and the shore," your job to watch o'er,
You said you owned no possessions, your clothing only that you wore.

I followed you, asking if you saw Jesus, if you found God there, answers of truth found somewhere,
Never when you were here did you believe,
Aimlessly I tried to find you again to know if you changed the things you perceive. 

All I know is you came back from the other side, that you watch over the tide,
That there is no death,
Just another place beyond our very breath.

And now I long for you, your fair face and white clothing, your feet bare on the sand,
Now you have gone back there, and slipped through my hand, back to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment