Friday, July 5, 2013

I Hope Everyone Had a Great Fourth of July

     I hope everyone had a good fourth.  I did.  I went to a desert party.  I made cut up strawberries and whipped cream with splenda from heavy cream.  I tend to have high cholesterol, so I cannot indulge in fatty food often.
     Here at the beach, there are fireworks all the time.  In fact, in the summer, you can see them one night a week, from behind my house.  Last night I sat back there, and watched them, after I came home.  
     I actually cleaned the house when I got home, before my son got home from work.  My other son went to the party with me, where we met lots of nice, interesting people, and ate lots of  deserts.  I even had a pineapple juice with rum.  It was sort of a pinacolada, minus the coconut, which I do not like much anyway.
     I needed to get out of my self a bit.  I had been doing so much heavy reading about the Jim Crow south.  When you think of all the violence and murder towards the black people of this country, especially in the deep south, all those years, it makes your hair stand on end.  It was all so unjust and unfair, to say the least, and cruel and heinous. 
     However, now is now, and then is then.  I am now reading Miss New India, about an independent young Indian woman, who does not want the usual arranged marriage, but to have a career.  She talks, also, about all the Americans living in India in 1970, like the Meher Baba people, they remind me of.  Hippies.  
     This brings me to topic.  Yesterday, I saw a post of Deepak Chopra, talking about how you know, other than obvious abuse, when to leave a relationship.  He says your instincts should lead you.  I agree.  
     I know that it is best to stay married it you can, but for some, especially in the west, it is nearly impossible.  It is hard for some of us to find a monogamous, truly loving partner.  Not everyone is lucky in love.  
     I have only been married one time, and sometimes I think that is enough.  I do not think I could handle going through another relationship sometimes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment